URB undertakes research and produces scientific evidence for the dissemination of knowledge, and helps to develop local
capacity related to key global health issues.
- To identify the major determinants for common diseases and health outcomes among Bangladeshi populations;
- To evaluate effective strategies for prevention and management of common health conditions;
- To support the scientific community and practitioners with new evidence on public health research, practice, and prevention activities;
- To help policy makers by providing pertinent research results; and
- To provide education and training to community members and other stakeholders on public health research and practice tools.